There are so many different releases available today that choosing the right one for you can seem like an impossible task.
Fortunately, we’ve broken the bow release selection process down for you into an easy 4-step process that eliminates all risk and uncertainty.
|Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release Buckle||Best Overall|
|TruFire Patriot Archery Compound Bow Release||Budget Pick|
|Scott Archery Longhorn Hex Release||Upgrade Pick|
1. Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release Buckle
- Specifics are not needed when it comes to reach and accuracy
- You can use it for target practicing using backyard straw bales
- The buckles are easy to attach
- It is a highly rated product on Amazon
Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release Buckle is a great bow release buckle that has a simple and comfortable design, and is specifically designed for right-handed archers.
This release features a smooth and quick adjustment mechanism for every archer out there. It has been made using high-quality materials. It has a simple design which is why it is very comfortable to use.
The buckle slip-in design is adjustable. The leather cord is 112cm long, and it comes in black color. The leather cord is used for preventing the release from being pulled off the hand.
2. Scott Archery Shark Double Caliber Release
- Dual size Calibers for both Youth and Adult
- Compatible with both Right-handed & Left-handed Shooters
- Easy to adjust the load with the flywheel
- Lightweight, durable and compact
- If adjusted too tight, it takes more effort to pull the bowstring when releasing it
- The bowstring may come loose and get tangled
The good thing about this release is that it’s very easy to use. No need to push the bowstring through a hole. With the flywheel, you can simply adjust the load to release the bowstring with ease.
It also comes in three colors: pistachio, purple and hot pink. These are great bow releases for the youth archer or just for the adult who wants a good-looking release.
Oh! I forgot to mention about its price. It’s pretty inexpensive. So if you’re looking for a high-quality affordable release, the Scott Archery Shark would be a great choice.
3. Scott Archery Longhorn Hex Release
- Easy to use
- Adjustable wrist strap
- It allows wrist motion
This release gives you utmost comfort while shooting. It features an innovative design that gives you maximum control and flexibility while using it.
The Scott Archery Longhorn Hex Release is lightweight and very easy to use. It allows you to shoot freely with a wrist motion (a very important consideration for anyone who has never used a wrist release). One of the features we most like about this release is its ability to be used by right-handed as well as left-handed shooters.
Shooting accuracy is greatly enhanced by the wrist strap system. You can adjust the rise, draw, and travel by using the hex wrench.
4. Scott Archery Caliper Grip Release
- New and improved design
- Choose from right or left-handed models
- Works with standard D-loops
- Easy to operate, just push forward
- Lightweight aluminum handle
- Comfortable grip and easy pull
- Handle may be slightly too long for some people
- Fitting the fingers around the trigger is sometimes tricky
- D-loop is not included
This is an excellent starter bow release from Scott because of its simple design and easy operation. It sports a soft, comfortable, and textured rubber grip and a sleek stainless steel body. The tool is built with a 360-degree rotating handle and a comfortable padded wrist strap. It measures just over 7 inches, making it highly portable and a pleasure to carry around in a hunting kit or a backpack.
The dual-grip design of the handle of the Scott Archery Caliper Grip is ergonomic as well as comfortable to use, maximizing performance, which directly translates to accuracy. The release is built with the essential features you need for competing in tournaments and hunting. It’s easy to adjust for left- or right-hand usage by attaching a D-loop.
5. Tru-Fire Hardcore 4 Finger Revolution Archery Release
- Made from 100% plastic and has zero moving parts
- Dual 360 degrees stainless steel ball bearings
- Lock-up about 25% stronger than any other rocker cam bow release
- Consistent shot cycle design
- Very easy to adjust or fine tune
- Rubber grippers on the sides for easy handling
- Includes thumb loading belly for easier hand loading and thumb release
- Included buckle strap keeps hand from slipping
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
Released in 2014, the Hardcore 4 Finger Revolution is a game changer in the archery world. The release features a fully developed cam, rocker, and 3 independent cocking bars, unlike any other release on the market today.
The four fingers act independently on the string as opposed to the traditional single releasing point. This technology allows you to have the finger function of an inline release while still being able to adjust your fingers independently on the string.
The Revolution features dual 360 ° stainless steel ball bearings that allow for zero break-in, and zero drag. This makes for a more consistent shot cycle.
6. TruFire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Adjustable Archery Compound Bow Release
- Camo wrist strap
- Great for hunting
- Fast adjust device
As a dedicated hunter, it’s important to have a perfect bow release. One of the best releases you can find is the TruFire Hardcore Rubber Foldback. Many hunters like this release because it’s adjustable. It has been built to be used with all bows. The recommended draw weight is between 20 to 60 lbs. Once adjusted, it can stay unchanged for a long period of time. The release is made from heavy-duty plastic, so it’s very durable. Its soft rubber pullback affords a secure and comfortable fit. This release can be used by beginners right up to experienced hunters. Many people who have used the TruFire Hardcore Rubber Foldback like it as it’s good for any type of target shooting. It’s also versatile as it can be used for hunting, bow string management, bow freen, bow tying, and stringing bows as well.
7. TruFire Patriot Archery Compound Bow Release
- Toughly constructed
- Well made
The TruFire Patriot is the last compound bow release you’ll ever need. If you want a reliable, high-quality release for both long and 3D archery, this one could handle the job as well as anything else out there.
The 3/4 wrist strap has a non-slip cover and a rubber fit that locks your thumb in place and makes it difficult to accidentally drop or lose the release. It’s dependable, and will last for ages as long as you take care of it by lubricating the thumb roller every 30-50 shots, just like with other releases.
Most people seem to have no issue with the release and find it lightweight and comfortable, though those with larger hands may find that it slips off. It could also be better for archers who use their index finger to draw the string back.
8. Scott Archery Backspin Release
- Innovative triggering system
- Top-notch accuracy
Scott Archery was responsible for the forth technical revolution to the world of bowhunting. The word backspin is pretty self explanatory and much simpler than the technology behind it. Backspin arrows can be shot over 30 feet faster than regular arrows and cuts off 2 inches from the arrow length.
In a nutshell, these new technologies are design to allow you to shoot faster and more accurate than ever before. Even though the Backspin bow release is rather expensive, it’s worth every penny. It’s used by most world-class archers and is one of the best in the business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best trigger release bow hunting?
There are 3 different style of release to choose from, and each has its strengths and weaknesses.